Join us for a true Buffalo Safari adventure & not just a drive by!
Henry Mountains Buffalo
Set off on an epic Buffalo Safari with your guide in search of the American Bison located on the last mountain range to be mapped in the lower 48 contiguous states, the remote Henry Mountains! One of only three free-roaming and genetically purebred bison herds found on public lands in the United States.
The safari departs Torrey, Utah passing through Capitol Reef National Park as we make our way to the high elevations of the rugged and previously named “unknown mountains.” Extensive hiking atop ridgelines with elevations of 9,000 to over 11,000 feet are to be expected. Our experienced guides provide binoculars for each client as we glass the hillsides overlooking Capitol Reef National Park to the West and Canyonlands National Park to the East.
- Moderate hiking will be required at high elevations.
- Not a guarantee! Finding these wild herds is a true adventure and success is largely based on persistently hiking, tracking and glassing with binoculars until we find them. Buffalo can sometimes be viewed right from the road.
- Mule Deer and viewing other wildlife can be expected.
Points of Interest: Capitol Reef National Park, Bull Creek Pass 10,485ft, McMillan Springs, Stevens Narrows, Pennellen Pass
$670 (1-2 people), $790 (3-4 people), $890 (4-6 people)
- Your guide will insure your safety by taking all necessary precautions.
- Extra water, but please bring your personal reusable water bottles full.
- Binoculars, spotting scope & camera with long lenses.
- Lunch is included. Guides will call evening prior for an order.
- Supplies for properly going to the bathroom in remote areas.
What You Will Need
- Bring personal medications and make us aware of any medical conditions at the time of booking.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear for your desired level of exposure. We do not provide rain gear or jackets. You will be required to bring a warm jacket from October through April.
- Sunscreen, hat, repellant and personal items.
Questions? Please Call Us or Use Link Below