Come with us and see the spectacular Pando Aspens today!
Pando Aspen Clone
Pando is believed to be the largest, most dense organism ever found at nearly 13 million pounds. The clone spreads over 106 acres, consisting of over 40,000 individual trees. The exact age of the clone and its root system is difficult to calculate, but it is estimated to have started at the end of the last ice age.
Some of the trees are over 130 years old. It was first recognized by researchers in the 1970s and more recently proven by geneticists. Its massive size, weight, and prehistoric age have caused worldwide fame.
Tour Description – Departing Torrey, Utah this 3 hour tour first takes us a short 45 minutes to the banks of Fishlake which is home to the Pando. Fish Lake, from which the forest takes its name, is considered by many to be the gem of Utah. The largest natural mountain lake in the state, it offers trophy fishing and bird watching. We will hike through the Aspens and enjoy wildlife as well as clear crisp mountain air as we look down at the lake.
Once leaving Fishlake, the tour take us above 10,000 feet to the top of 1000 Lakes Mountain. From this vantage point, we will take in the majestic views looking down upon Cathedral Valley and Capitol Reef National Park.
- Your guide will insure your safety by taking all necessary precautions.
- Plenty of water, but please bring your personal reusable water bottle.
- Lunch is not provided on this 3 hour tour, but can be added for $18e.
- Binoculars to view the trees and wildlife.
What You Will Need
- Bring personal medications and make us aware of any medical conditions at the time of booking.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear for your desired level of exposure. Sandals are fine on most tours that are not based on hiking. We do not provide rain gear or jackets. You will be required to bring a warm jacket from October through April.
- Sunscreen, hat, repellant and personal items.
Questions? Please Call Us or Use Link Below